Defensive Handgun Clinic III: Dynamic Handgun
Dynamic Handgun Skills: the handgun as in a variety of defensive applications; the principles of trigger focused shooting; holster use; transitions between multiple targets, use of cover; movement; duress shooting positions; malfunction clearance drills; and reloading the handgun under stress.
This is not a basic handgun course and the participant should have a working knowledge of their chosen handgun. Attendee’s should be able to hit a standard paper plate at 7 yards, more times than not, and be able to draw the handgun from a holster safely upon demand. Attendee’s musthave completed our Defensive Handgun Clinic II or have equivalent experience and training before enrolling in this course.
– Firearm: a reliable defensively oriented handgun either pistol or revolver (loaner firearms are available upon request)
– Ammunition: 300 rounds (approximate)
– Holster: a solid holster of “plastic” or leather construction.
– Magazines/Speed loaders: 3 magazines/speed loaders are required
– Eye and Ear protection: “loaners” are available at class
– Clothing: Weather appropriate. Low-cut tops are problematic and a “billed” cap is very helpful. Attendee’s may be shooting from duress positions such as laying upon the ground, sitting, and moving. (We will accommodate any physical limitations)
Venue: 5 Dogs Range - Bakersfield, Ca.
Venue Website: http://www.5dogsrange.com/Address:
February 9, 2019
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm